This is a recipe by Cadbury, which proved particularly popular at our most recent Fairtrade bake sale!
– 2 ripe medium-sized Fairtrade bananas, mashed
– 2 tbsp Fairtrade cocoa powder (I used Bournville)
– 200g Fairtrade light soft brown sugar
– 175g Fairtrade milk chocolate, broken into pieces
– 100g self raising flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 175g unsalted butter, diced
– 3 medium eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
2. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm baking tray with baking parchment.
3. Melt the sugar, chocolate, and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
4. When melted, remove from the heat and mix well to combine the melted ingredients.
5. Sift the flour, cocoa, and baking powder into a bowl.
6. Add the chocolate mix, eggs, and bananas and stir well to combine.
7. Pour into the tin and push the mixture into the edges.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes until just firm in the centre.
9. Cool in the tin, then turn out and cut into 24 pieces.