I submitted this recipe because when I made it for the St Andrews Sailing Club, it was very popular with the hungry sailors. It is very quick to make and uses lots of Fairtrade ingredients.
St Andrews Fairtrade Town Campaign Group
- 175 gm (6oz) soft butter
- 175 gm (6oz) Fairtrade brown sugar
- 175 gm (6oz) self-raising flour
- 25 gm (1oz) Fairtrade cocoa
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 175 gm (6oz) Fairtrade dark chocolate chopped
- 1 large Fairtrade banana, mashed
- 4 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven 180C /Gas Mark 4
- Line a 1kg or 2lb loaf tin.
- Beat all the ingredients together except for the chocolate and banana with 4 tablespoons water until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in banana and chocolate.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.